Friday, October 5, 2007

Genealogy Heaven!

Not a lot to report today. I think yesterday I mentioned my Paxton finds. I was able to verify today that the people mentioned in the deed records were indeed Paxton's. In checking resources for Mason Co. KY I also came across some Pangburns. They're connected to the Paxton's somehow, I just can't remember how. Spent a good part of the day in Mason Co. Also talked over the missionary lady's family from the Vancouver area and gave her some suggestions on what to do next for California. I need to check for marriages for the kids when I get home and have access to the Clark Co. Marriage index.

We had a meeting with the Church's Indexing people today. They'd like our genealogy society to get interested in helping with the indexing project. I've been doing it for several months now. The Church is planning on putting indexes as well as digitized images of all their microfilms, online and for free. A lofty goal, and one that will take years to come to a complete realization of that goal. But you've got to start somewhere.

If you've ever looked for someone on Ancestry's 1930 census index with little or no luck, perhaps this explains it: I learned today that Ancestry farmed out the indexing to China. No wonder I can't find anyone on the index. Silly people!

No comments: