Sunday, August 2, 2009


Over at the USGenWeb Project:

Elections for the USGW Project's Advisory Board were recently completed, although we do not have the results yet as to who won or lost. I have one more year on the AB, serving as the Northeast-North Central County Coordinator Representative. Then I plan to "retire," and get out of politics. It's been somewhat of an exercise in futility. I naively thought that I could make a difference, but when you're dealing in politics, you just can't make some people happy no matter what you do. There are some people who think the AB can step in and solve all the problems, and there are others who squwack when we try to do something. Since the title and job description are pretty closely tied (aka "advisory"), we really don't have the power that some people think we do.

Another County Coordinator bit the dust recently, in a southern state which my husband has genealogical ties to. The dust hasn't settled there yet, but I don't think the CC plans on protesting or filing any grievances for her unjust "firing." Too bad, from what I see it's an open & shut case of unjust relieving of duty. But the CC is probably smarter than I would be, because if she files and wins, she still has to live with the State Coordinator, who would undoubtedly do it right the next time. Easier for her to pack it up and be independent. With the search engines these days, her web site will still be found.

No comments: